Thursday 1 August 2013

The Shift

It is now three months that I started blogging and the initial fervour is not exactly starting to die down like I thought it would. I have shifted cities once more and now finally getting into the mood to get cracking on my studies again. My long vacation of four months is now both fortunately and unfortunately at an end.

I had started this blog as a way to escape the boredom and nothingness that is ‘vacation’ but after my third blog post, I realized that this was going somewhere. This relationship would not just culminate with the vacations but go on in the long run to be a steady affair. Now that I’m going to resume my daily life with its share of workloads and projects, I have a lingering feeling that I’m not going to be able to shrug it off and move on to something else like I've been doing for the past three years. This is going to be a lasting relation with its ups and downs and grief and joy and moments of writer’s block!

And, in the field of study that I've chosen, my blog is one of the factors that affords me as much learning and experience than I can manage to glean out of a classroom or a lab. Communication, i.e. effective communication is learnt only by dialogues, I believe and not just one way traffic. Writing, being read and then answered by your readers, that’s the type of learning I’m talking about and that is what, in effect, communication is all about.

So I hope that the fire of this blog never goes out and even if it comes close to doing so, I’ll just add a little of either Brandy or Whiskey to rejuvenate it again. (wink, wink)

No comments:

Post a Comment